We serve the entire Southwestern and Central Ontario Region including London, Brantford, Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Kitchener, Waterloo, Toronto (GTA) and more.
Soda Blasting is a process where virtually any surface or substrate may be cleaned or depainted. Blasting with soda is similar to sand blasting except that higher caliber equipment is required and that sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) is used as the blast media.
We are proud to offer ARM & HAMMER * baking soda media products and also offer other blast medias including sand, lime, Big K, walnut shells and more. The advantages of blasting with ARMEX* brand soda products are
- no toxic fumes or chemical solvents required
- absorbs odours and has a benign ph of 8.2
- the media is relatively soft at 2.5 mohs hardness
- no sparking, non flammable, non hazardous, water soluble
- gentle yet effective cleaning with a minimum of disturbance to the substrate
- will not etch glass
- will not damage bearings or seals (product is friable – breaks on contact)
- food grade approved
- generally more aggressive and less costly than dry ice
Substrates that can be baking soda blasted include but are not limited to aluminum, stainless steel, brass, brick, concrete, cast iron, copper, fiberglass, some plastics and more.
Typical applications include the following examples:
- effectively removes algae, carbon, dirt, fat, grease, oil, paint, soot, char and more.
- automotive paint removal
- building cleaning and restoration
- graffiti removal
- fire & smoke damage cleanup / insurance restoration jobs
- marine antifouling removal / antifouling surface preparation on boats
- industrial & food grade equipment cleaning and paint removal
- stainless steel cleaning
- mould remediation services
- aluminum cleaning
Our services work at great prices! Check out the other services we offer. Our rates are available hourly, by contract or by location, with optional inspection services available and we offer complimentary before and after digital photography. Please remember that we don’t charge travel time but do ask for a minimum amount of hours on site depending on your location. Check out our Gallery for examples of our work.
Contact Sodablast to have a dirty object looking sparkling clean.